“Italy is a delight”
From mid-September, the collection of white truffle begins in Alba – the legendary delicacy loved by all European monarchs. To join the hunt for the world’s most expensive mushroom, as well as to visit the famous international fair, where many world celebrities appeared at one time, ITALIA EXCLUSIVE and its director Yana Dementieva are inviting.
– Alba is the historical and economic capital of the famous Langhe Hills region in the province of Cuneo. It is here that from September 13 to November 15 the most famous Piedmont gastronomy event is held – the International Fair of White Truffles. Already in the XVIII century, at all European yards, truffle from Alba was considered the most exquisite and, of course, the most expensive delicacy. Centuries have passed, and now, for the sake of the famous truffles, many celebrities come to the city. At one time, the fair was visited by Alain Delon, Sophia Loren, Prince of Monaco Albert, Francis Ford Coppola, Penelope Cruz, Sting and many others. This year’s program of events includes costume parades and processions, tastings of masterpieces of wine cellars: Barolo, Barbaresco, Roero, Nebbiolo, Barbera; delicious pastry made from nuts and chocolate, rare cheeses, sausages Razza Bovina Piemontese. The culmination of the holiday will be the international truffle market.
– Is it true that gastronomic tourism is an expensive pleasure? Moreover, we are talking about truffles, the price of which for one copy reaches 4 thousand euros …
– It all depends on the budget of the traveler. You can not buy truffles at the fair, but go hunt for them. This is a very exciting event. Mushrooms are looked for by specially trained dogs. They determine the truffle by its smell, – having sensed the prey, the dogs break down, run to dig it out, the tourists follow them … In general, everyone has fun. With the booty you can go to one of the local restaurants, where you can cook the delicacy as you wish. The cost of participation in the “capture” of truffles in a group of up to 5 people is 120 euros. In general, Piedmont has a special place in gastronomy. In addition to truffles, the region is famous for wine, cheeses, and desserts here are something unimaginable. Our company always focuses on the interests of tourists and their capabilities. The cost of tastings, wine, cheeses and other delicacies starts from 25 euros. Gastronomic trips around the region with visits to Michelin restaurants, of course, will cost more.
– Any tourist can join you? Wherever he is at the moment?
– Of course. We are ready to go anywhere in the country, any airport – we will meet, conduct, cross … Our company organizes both full-fledged tours with hotel reservations and transfers, as well as excursions of any duration in all regions of the country. So, for example, the ski season will begin very soon. In Piedmont, we are ready to offer heli-skiing by helicopter, snowshoeing and dog sledding, paragliding – the possibilities are limited only by your imagination. And of course, in the mountainous regions you should definitely try the dishes of local Occitan cuisine, especially from game.
– Every journey, besides impressions, carries with it emotions. In Italy, what are they?
– Of course, this is a delight. Everyone who travels with us in Italy literally in a few days is completely changing. With tourists from Russia, the difference is especially noticeable. Immediately after arrival, they behave uneasily, nervously, are in a hurry somewhere all the time – they are all very businesslike. And suddenly the same people turn into incorrigible romantics and art lovers. They begin to relate to food and drinks in a different way, they feel like gourmets. It is as if these people are learning to enjoy again – first from taste, smell, and finally from life itself. By the way, pleasure is the life credo of Italians. Here, everyday stress is considered bad form, and the people of Italy prefer to rejoice – everything that brings them life.
– And for you, Italy is probably not just a place of residence …
– Italy is a state of mind! Wonderland and ancient sacraments. I have been living here for almost 20 years and still do not cease to be surprised. I feel like Alice from the famous Lewis Carroll novel. Italy is created from a rare combination of architectural styles, from classicism to modern, an incredible sense of creativity and freedom, amazing tastes and aromas of national cuisine. We strive to show the guest just such a real, and not from a postcard, Italy, its true color and hospitality.
V.le Piero Masera 46 – 12051 Alba (CN)
IT Phone: +39 393 5524644